At the encouragement of some friends at a recent party, I’ve decided to help out non-thespians by creating an algorithm (sort of) to determine which musical they should catch in the coming season. I think it’s a pretty self-explanatory system. Please comment with the show you got so I can gauge my generator’s effectiveness.
FIVE SIMPLE STEPS
- Do you prefer a comedy or a drama?
- A lot of singing or a lot of dancing?
- A mostly original plot or one based on a classic story?
- How about a period piece or something modern?
- Finally, do you want to see a star or a newbie?
Now, find your show below based on the combination of answers you chose!
COMEDY, DANCING, ORIGINAL, MODERN, NEWBIE: Cats
COMEDY, DANCING, CLASSIC, PERIOD, NEWBIE: Holiday Inn
COMEDY, DANCING, CLASSIC, PERIOD, STAR: Hello Dolly!
DRAMA, SINGING, CLASSIC, MODERN, NEWBIE: Miss Saigon
DRAMA, SINGING, ORIGINAL, MODERN, NEWBIE: Dear Evan Hansen
COMEDY, SINGING, CLASSIC, PERIOD, STAR: Amelie
DRAMA, SINGING, ORIGINAL, PERIOD, STAR: The Bandstand